December 31, 2012

Food !!!

Since we are in the holiday spirit and traditionally eat a lot of stuff during this time of year, I thought I should dedicate my next picture diary to food .. needless to add that both my travel destinations are well known for food. Although as a comparison, I dont think any city in the world would really come close to Paris.


Boqueria Market in Barcelona - a very large fresh produce meat fish cheese and candy market in the heart of Barcelona's city center ... the fruits in Barcelona at this time of the year were exceptionally good :D. This market also has two very crowded (and hence very good) tapas bars flocked by locals and tourists alike.


I see this fruit stall at the market and think of Miss IQ ... and I had to take the pic. (For the people that are confused this fruit is called Dragonfruit)


A wine and charcuterie/cheese bar in Barcelona with a variety of sausages as well as Serrano and Iberico Jamon (Ham) hung out to dry .... dont forget the wines LOL ... for the vegetarians among us, a cheese plate with the variety of Spanish cheeses usually available is enough to fill you up :D


Like I said .. nothing can beat Paris ... a standard patisserie(pastry)and boulangerie(bread) store ... in the city proper every street corner literally has one of these .. how can you look at this and not drool or feel hungry .. if there is a heaven I'm sure it has patisseries :D


Finally, a macaroon display at Laduree ... not surprisingly the display is shaped like the Eiffel Tower .. and the macaroons are heavenly and literally to die for :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful new years celebration :D

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha the VERY first thing that caught my eye when I came to this page were the Dragonfruits. :D

    Anddddddd *wub* BREADDDD (and wine aahaha)

    Btw um I think those are shaped like Christmas trees :/:O

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O isnt the eiffel tower shaped like a Christmas tree :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there you go :P

      Delete
    2. *Rollseyes*

      Guru ji next time around, take me with you hmphh

      Delete